10 May 2007

71

Hello. For some reason, I can’t seem to really be bothered by the fact that no-one will come across my tiny speck of Internet. Frankly, I couldn’t care less whether you think I’m crazy or nutty or systematically challenged; I’m here to do the thing I do best: Wait. I’ve done a lot of waiting, nearly a decade in fact, and the end draws nigh on the brave Mr. Potter.

I’m here to record my own personal thoughts on The End. This is the last page of a huge chapter of my life, so much so that it’s truly “Part II” of the life and times of Twiggie. (The first part we don’t like to talk about too much here.) I’m here to write down exactly what’s happening for the Last Days, and I’m sure the apocalypse will come soon after.

Harry Potter is ending.

Truthfully, it will never, ever, ever, ever, ever-ever end, but, living now and feeling the undeniably happy feeling that I am part of this crazy fandom, it seems like the road stops after this. What will I do? How will I survive? What will I talk about? No matter what happens, I will always remain a true Harry Potter fan, one of the dedicated and insane Potterheads that made the Internet and the world what it is today. Don’t underestimate us. We’ll hit you with the whole 870 pages of Order of the Phoenix. Believe me. We’re rabid.

I’m here, in short, to detail the end of a live era. Sure, others will come across Harry, Hermione and Ron in later generations, but they will never feel the same. Be lucky. Go buy your own set of Harry Potter books if you haven’t already. These generations that can read this now, we are the Harry Potter Generation, the generation that lives and breathes in scarlet and gold, or however you’ve been sorted.

I’m here to tell you how great Harry Potter is, has been, and will be. I’m here to tell you to OPEN UP YOUR BOOK AND READ, FOR MERLIN’S SAKE!!!

Because you, dear reader and finder of my own corner of the universe, are special. You live in an epic time, and you are part of the Harry Potter generation, the story that rocked the confines of reading and children and literature to become much, much more than a book. Welcome to a phenomenon. I’m glad you’ve arrived. I’m here to say that this special. This is fantastic. This is Harry Potter, of course!

Care to join me?


Days left: 71